ANPC Doctrinal Statement
Based on the structure of the WCF
All Nations Presbyterian Church is a Bible-believing church. Our understanding of what the Bible teaches is in line with the Westminster Confession of Faith, a document which was produced as a summary of the Bible in 1646. Although we are a young church, what we teach is consistent with a long history of reformed Bible confessions.
The following points are a very brief summary of what we believe, based on the Westminster Confession of Faith:
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the word of God, inerrant in their original writings, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- We believe that God is the creator and sustainer of all things, three persons yet one God.
- We believe that although mankind was created good, all people have sinned and are subject to God’s anger. We cannot save ourselves or make ourselves right before God.
- We believe that Jesus is fully God yet fully man.
- We believe that Jesus lived a perfect life, died on the cross, was buried and rose again bodily on the third day. Jesus died in the place of all who believe in him and paid for their sins. Because of Jesus’ death those who believe are reconciled to God, forgiven, justified and adopted as God’s children.
- We believe that the only way to be saved is through faith in Jesus, not through anything that we do.
- We believe that God is in control of all things that happen, yet all people are responsible for their own actions.
- We believe the church is important as the place where Christians are built up and new disciples made through the preaching of the gospel of Jesus. All people in the church are to serve each other as part of one body with Jesus Christ as the head.
- We believe that the Presbyterian form of church government is a Biblical model, with godly men appointed to be elders to govern the church.
- We believe that the sacraments of the Lord’s Supper and Baptism are important illustrations of the gospel of Jesus and should be performed as Jesus directed.
- We believe that the Christian life is a life of discipleship, resisting the temptation of sin, our sinful natures and the devil by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus will return to judge the living and the dead. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all people. We believe that the eternal destination of all people is either heaven or hell.